Professional Organizations and Associations
Accounting & finance:
- American Bankers Association: Founded in 1875, the American Bankers Association serves banks of all sizes, supporting the nation’s banking industry.
- The American Finance Association (AFA): The purpose of The American Finance Association is to promote the knowledge of financial economics.
- American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA): The American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA) provides opportunities for women in all fields of finance and accounting.
- Association for Financial Professionals, Inc. (AFP): The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) serves treasury and finance professionals.
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC): IFAC is a global organization, representing 2.5 million accountants.
- National Association of Black Accountants: Since 1969, this group has strived to on promote and develop minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance.
- The Professional Accounting Society of America (PASA): Since 2005, PASA has focused on entry-level and mid-level associates working at accounting firms across America.
Business management & supply chain management:
- American Management Association: The AMA provides trainings and valuable resources to ensure business professionals stay knowledgeable in the competitive business world.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS): The American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) provides research and education and certification programs for supply chain and operations management professionals.
- DECA: This international, non-profit organization has been developing the business skills of college and high school students since 1946. DECA members have the opportunity to network with local business leaders and develop business skills through mock presentations and competitions.
- Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO):The Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) is a global network working to enhance entrepreneurs’ abilities to be successful by learning and growing from each other’s knowledge and experience.
- The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP): Founded in 1942, the International Association of Administrative Professionals provides administrative professionals opportunities for growth, networking, education and development.
- National Human Resources Association (NHRA): The National Human Resources Association (NHRA) was established in 1961 to support the professional development of human resource professionals.
- Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA): Professionals in Human Resources Association, founded in 1944, provides human resources professionals the opportunity to collaborate in an effort to enhance the profession.
- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): SHRM is the world’s largest HR membership association and is dedicated to serving the needs of HR managers.
BMC Resources Student Technology Resources has everything you need to get started with Brown Mackie College technology. Find out about available online resources, get help with setting up your accounts, find out how to get your eTextbooks, and much more . . .
Databases and Online Resources
For off-campus access to these databases:
Faculty logon to the Faculty Online Library at onlinelibrary.brownmackie.edu.
Students logon to your Student Portal at my.brownmackie.edu>Library>Find By Resource>All Resources.
Literati by Credo
A great resource for students, Literati by Credo offers access to hundreds of E-books, tens of thousands of quality images, maps, video, audio; all kinds of materials for your research assignments.
A-Z of Online Journal Titles
Use this tool to browse the list of journals available in our online collections or to locate a specific journal title in our databases.
Learning Express Library
To use this tool, first log into the student or staff portal, even from on campus. Use it to find which database has which magazine or journal title, or for finding a particular issue or article quickly. Whatever your goal, Learning Express Library's resources will help you succeed. Each of our Learning Centers offers the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information you need to achieve the results you want—at school, at work, or in life. Looking to land a job? You'll find an entire Learning Center dedicated to helping you get the one that's right for you.
VTC Online Training
Login username and password required. See or contact your librarian for more information.
VTC offers online instruction for practically all computer software, networking and hardware.
Logon to your student portal to access EbscoHost Databases. Below find a description of each database that will help you in the world of business.
Academic Search Complete
Multi-disciplinary database featuring full-text scholarly journals, periodicals, reports, books, and more from over 9,100 publications (over 86% peer-reviewed/scholarly) with coverage from 1887 to present. Presents broad global coverage of subject areas including business and economics, health and medicine, news and world affairs, science, education, technology, humanities, social sciences, psychology, literature, law, and women's studies.
Provides access to over 12 million photographs dating to 1826. Also contains approximately 36,000 sound bits and a professionally produced collection of more than 340,000 graphics including maps, graphs, charts, logos, flags, and illustrations.
Business Source Complete
Considered a leader in business information, this resource provides 1,000 books, 9,000 case studies, 1 million company profiles, 1,400 country economic reports, 20,000 industry reports, 8,100 executive and analyst interviews, 2,400 market research reports, 2,400 peer-reviewed journals, 1,600 trade and general business magazines, and 3,500 SWOT analyses.
eBook Academic Collection
The eBook Academic Collection gives full-text access to over 113,000 electronic books with unlimited user access. Subject areas covered by this collection include art, business and economics, education, language arts, literary criticism, medicine, performing arts, philosophy, poetry, political science, religion, social science, technology, and more. Allows for user download to personal computer/mobile systems. Users can create personalized bookshelves, highlight books, and add notes and bookmarks.
eBook Community College Collection
The eBook Community College Collection gives full-text access to over 48,000 electronic books with unlimited user access. This multidisciplinary collection is focused on the academic and trade information needs of community colleges. The information available in this collection varies from introductory/basic content to higher-level content, providing students with a range of information to meet their needs as they develop in their area(s) of study. Allows for user download to personal computer/mobile systems. Users can create personalized bookshelves, highlight books, and add notes and bookmarks.
Hospitality and Tourism Complete
Hospitality and Tourism Complete provides access to over 830 full-text titles including periodicals, company and country reports, and books. Domestic and international in scope with material collected from countries and regions such as Canada, Australia, Europe, and Asia. Subject areas covered include: culinary arts, demographics and statistics, development and investment, food and beverage management, hospitality law, hotel management and administrative practices, leisure and business travel, market trends, technology, and more.
Hoover’s Academic provides access to approximately 75 million businesses worldwide; 44,000 leading businesses enriched with Hoover's editorial content, including 600 industries, and content from Million Dollar Database.
Points of View Reference Center
Points of View Reference Center presents topic overview (objective background/description), point (argument), and counterpoint (opposing argument) for topics including abortion, censorship, global issues, human rights, medicine and ethics, national debate topics, substance abuse, war and peace, and more. This database offers 1,300 main essays, political magazines, newspapers, radio and TV transcripts, primary source documents, and reference books. Provides Guide to Critical Analysis to aid in evaluation.
Regional Business News
Regional Business News offers full text of 100 regional U.S. and Canadian business publications including business journals, newspapers, and newswires. The database includes titles from Crain Communications.
Subject Related Websites
Journal of Accountancy Online version of print magazine; access current issue plus archives.
Online Accounting Courses Do you need some extra help in your Accounting classes? Get videos and lectures from the world's leading universities from this database of open courseware. This database provides the public insight to all the free high quality college level courses across a vast amount of programs. Students and the educators are able to access the database along with many featured resouces on the site. It is noncommercial and available for anyone. Updated yearly.
The Big List: The 100 Top Accounting Software Features Technology is only becoming a more integral part of today’s accounting profession and the list should make a great resource for students looking to get a feel for how software plays a role in everyday business accounting. These are only suggested Accounting software and are not “official recommendations." Instructors and students are responsible for any consequences resulting from use or purchase of any of the suggested software.
Federal Reserve Board Monetary policy, banking regulation, economic research and data, and consumer information.
National Bureau of Economic Research Publications, reports and data
Business Ethics The Magazine of Corporate Responsibility
Investopedia Features a dictionary, tutorials, videos, and a stock simulator.
Market Research A pathfinder from Rutger's University Libraries
Trendpedia Social media monitoring, buzz tracking, brand measurement and blog trend search.
Arizona Small Business Association Networking, information and resources for small business in Arizona.
Hispanic Business Headline news, reports, research and politics from a Hispanic perspective.
Inside Tucson Business News & features for Southern Arizona's business and legal communities.
SCORE A nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
Small Business Economic Trends A monthly report from the National Federation of Independent Business.
U. S. Small Business Administration Programs and services to help you start and grow a business.
Brown Mackie College-Tucson is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any Web site linked to this Web site/newsletter. The links are provided for your information and convenience only. Brown Mackie College-Tucson does not endorse, support or sponsor the content of any linked Web sites. If you access or use any third party Web sites linked to Brown Mackie College-Tucson's Web site, you do so at your own risk. Brown Mackie College-Tucson makes no representation or warranty that any other Web site is free from viruses, worms or other software that may have a destructive nature.
Search the Library Catalog
New Books in the Library
Available in the Library
Auditor's Dictionary - HF5667 O6728 2004
Dictionary of Accounting Terms - HF5621 .S54 2010
QFinance: the Ultimate Resource - HG173 .Q75 2009
The Ultimate Accountants' Reference - HF5616 .U5 B713 2006
The Book of Management Wisdom - HD38.2 .B665 2000
Branding your Business - HF5415.1255 .H36 2008
Duct Tape Marketing - HF5415.13 .J366 2006
Essential Guide to Business Ethics - HF5389 .C468 2007
How to Succeed in Business Using LinkedIn - HD69 .S8 B88 2009
How to Write a Great Business Plan - HD62.7 .F855 2005
Women in Business - HD6054.3 .W636 2007